Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Baby...

Isn't such a baby anymore! Kaylee turned a year old yesterday! I cannot believe it! I don't think I'm ready for her to be a year old yet. I went through hand-me-down boxes the other day to move her from 9-12 month into 12-18 month and let me tell you, I have no idea how she was even fitting into the old clothes because the new ones seem tight already! She is such a big girl! Anyway, here's a couple of pictures from her happy day. Isn't she beautiful?
My Mom was down all last week to help me paint. This is what we did with the girls so they wouldn't get in the way while we worked. Just kidding. They just wanted to play cars in some boxes we had just unpacked. I thought that they were pretty cute.
This is after breakfast yesterday morning. We had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. It was delicious (even though I do say so myself. I make awesome waffles!) Kaylee really enjoyed them and I'm pretty sure that this was the first time she had fresh strawberries. You can't really tell from the picture but she has cream and strawberries all over her face.
We had a little pool party. It was really warm outside and we filled the pool early so that it could heat up but the water was a little cold. Kaylee didn't have too much fun. In fact, she spent most of the time sleeping. Oh well. We had a good time.
The cake. I would love to learn to really decorate cakes. I think that would be so much fun. Some people can do amazing things with icing. All I can do is write. Plus, my icing was melting as I was putting it on. It was really hot here!

Kaylee ate two pieces of cake. She's a really good eater! She was covered head to toe in chocolate so we had to throw her in the tub. She was so covered that we put her in in her swimming suit. The problem was that the cake moved through her pretty fast. I won't get into too much detail but those swimming diapers don't hold in liquid...anyway, it was disgusting. And we'll leave it at that.
I have to share something that was really nice for me. My parents could not be here for the party but when we did cake, I called them and they were able to watch via the web cam. The best part was they were at my Grandparent's and my other Grandparents were also there. That was just neat for me. I liked that they could all see Kaylee on her special day.
I had to put this picture in. We don't really do presents for birthdays (not for a one-year-old anyway), but a friend who couldn't be at the party dropped it off. This is the coolest toy! Kaylee loves it and quite frankly, I get a kick out of it too. It's really neat so if you're looking for a good toy for a baby, pick this one.
Anyway, this is really long but I just wanted to say:
Happy Birthday Kaylee!! I love you baby!

2 comments:

Jennie n Jeff said...

nothing like birthday gumbo for a good time....happy biryhday kaykay!

the fellers said...

oh my gosh Ash! your kids are getting so big! I hadnt seen pics of Kaylee...oh well Emma too in so long! It is crazy how fast they grow! I am excited to see them on the 1st! Where are your parents going? I heard that they were going on a mission, but didnt know where! So fun! And, why are you stuck in the country? Immigration? And yay, a new house! I cant wait to see after pics! I am so glad you posted!