Monday, June 23, 2008

The 'Afters'!!!

Well, it took us a really, really long time, but, we have after pictures for you all! I'm sorry that it took so long. We have been waiting for our kitchen table for two months. We finally got it and got the house clean enough for me to take and post pictures of. So, here they are. I hope that you enjoy them! Remember that it's not totally done yet. It probably won't be for twenty more years! We still have to do the floor (I'm thinking bamboo...any opinions?) And there's only one coat of paint on and we haven't touched the kitchen. But it's so much more livable now! We absolutely love our results! (for a complete background on the before pictures, find the post with them and the full story.)
And lets all remember that I'm not very good at taking pictures! I can't get angles so that you can see everything very well. Use your imaginations!

So, here's the before, standing at the front door, looking in.

And the after, standing at the front door.

And the new stairway.

This is just inside the main floor apartment, before.

And this is the main floor after, standing in the kitchen.

The kitchen before,

And, after.

We'll keep you posted on the progress of the bathroom. You can see it at the end of the hall, with the tub ripped out. Nice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great babe! We are building our dream one day at a time. Love you so much and hope that it is all that you wanted. I wish we had pictures of the basement and upstairs to post, they have really had a make over as well. The first time we saw the house we weren't sure what to do. With the smell of smoke roaming the halls, and the tenants telling us all of the problems, sometimes I wonder how we did it. Thanks for the vision and the belief that with love (and a little money) we can build something great. I never thought we would have this already. To many it may feel just like another house, but to me it is our 'home sweet home'. I thank God each day for the blessings of our home, and know that many memories will be lived, and fulfilled. Thanks for all that you have done for me, I love you like Pooh-Bear loves honey, or like you love diamonds and ice cream.

Steph said...

Ash it looks amazing! I wish I had the vision like you interior designers to make something simple look beautiful. One day at a time!

Anonymous said...

awesome!!! you are turning your house it to a lovely home! so tasteful. I love spending time with your family.
love mom

Anonymous said...

it looks amazing!

the fellers said...

ash it looks so good!!!

Amanda said...

I love your table and chairs! Where did you get them?