Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Just a quick note

While Emma did homework tonight, Kaylee and Eli played happily under Eli's bed. It's funny to me how well Kaylee plays with both her brother and her sister. When she plays with Emma she is such a big girl, I almost forget there's 2 years between them. When she plays with Eli, she gets right on his level (sometimes even fighting over toys). He loves it. Anyway, I was helping Emma and I heard "Mommy, come and find us!". This is what I discovered.



In other news, (I will be brief) a friend of mine was telling me about a 'diet' (I don't like the word diet because it suggests temporary to me, it's definitely a lifestyle change thing) she has been on for several months. It really piqued my interest so I borrowed the book from her and have been reading it. It is called ' Live Right 4 Your Type' and it is based on blood type. Very interesting, if you like that sort of thing. Anyway, I decided to give it a try to see if I see any benefits. Today was day one of my, at least, two week trial. This afternoon we made homemade granola bars, just for fun, and they were delish! I put in chocolate chips because they were called for, but that was a cheat for my blood type. Next time I will not put them in mine. But they are fine for the kids.


I also have to tell you about dinner, then I promise not to post about every meal I eat. I was just pleasantly surprised, that's all. So, my blood type suggests very little meat as well as tomatoes. I made a classic tomato-meat sauce for the family for dinner (as well as Cesar salad, but I'm also avoiding most dairy) and this is what I had.


I sauteed garlic, onion and celery (I needed groceries, this is what I had on hand) in some olive oil and put it over my whole wheat noodles and my 'salad' which was just romaine lettuce. I really, really liked it. The kids thought it was gross, Timothy was not interested, but I enjoyed it. So, that's good news, right? Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Martie said...

I'm so excited for you! Keep posting about how things are going. I love to hear what you think. I hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

wow great blogging, lots to see and read good job.