Saturday, February 04, 2012

My Adventure

I have no pictures of this adventure, you probably wouldn't want to see them, even if I had them. But I thought I'd share my week with you. Wednesday, about midnight (so, technically Thursday?) I woke up with some serious stomach pains. I honestly was wondering if I was in labor and was going to be on that show "I Didn't Even Know I Was Pregnant". I didn't sleep pretty much the rest of the night and was in pain all day Thursday. I figured that I was experiencing the flu bug that's been going around. But when I couldn't move all day, I started to think it might be something else. My sister suggested something more serious and so I did some research. A couple of hours later I was sitting in the ER getting an IV and prepping for a CT scan. So fun! If you have ever had a CT scan on your abdomen you know what they do. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky. NOT FUN. Anyway, I sure did have appendicitis. I got to the ER about 7:30pm and after quite a wait to get in and get a bed, I went for surgery at about 3am. It was a long, long night. But, I got to have my first surgery, which, I think, is something to brag about! Everything went well, I guess, and I am home, resting and trying to recover. I was kinda wishing they were going to let me take it home, you know, just for kicks and giggles, but the nurse said that was gross and so she checked the box that said I didn't want it. Without even asking! And then she had already said it was gross, so I couldn't go back and tell her I wanted it. Oh well. I have never seen an appendix before, let alone my own, and thought it would be kinda cool. Next time I guess. *sigh* Anyway, that is my adventure for the week. Needless to say, I am going to have to take a break from my diet experiment as I am not cooking for myself and I'm barely even eating. I will try again when things get a little better.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

ashley i am so glad you are ok! although i kinda do wish you were on the show i didnt know i was pregnant...that would be a good story! please recover quickly. and i love that you are keeping your blog updated!

Mike and Angie Rockwood said...

So sad! I'd never want to go through something like that. I'm glad you're ok. Sounds like you have a good attitude about the whole thing. I hope you get feeling better soon.