Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Tylenol with codeine

That’s what Eli’s pediatrician offered to prescribe my sweet little boy this morning when she saw the inside of his ear. “Wow! That’s really, I mean, really, inflamed.” She said after peeking in his ear and jumping back. “How long has he been complaining of pain in his ear?” She asked. “Just started at 2am this morning,” is my reply. Then we both laughed nervously over his obviously high pain threshold. He is all boy. I explained that he has had a runny nose for a few weeks. No, that looks like allergies she said. She gave us a prescription antihistamine for him. She said he is my clone. Heaven help us. I have been watching for one of the girls to look like they were developing allergies like me. I was really hoping it would not be the boy. Poor baby. What kind of boy can’t play soccer, baseball, basketball, football, golf, go camping or hiking or stand outside, or near an open window from March to December without running for a tissue and an antihistamine? At least he was blessed with a high pain threshold, right? Sweet little boy hasn’t complained, takes his medicine like a champ and is a happy, sweet little angel, despite the throbbing ear and constant snot. Love you little man!

DSCN3118 DSCN3125

2 comments:

Martie said...

Aw, poor Eli! I LOVE the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a good and happy boy, sorry your under the weather. gg loves you. Don't worry mom, i don't think much will stop him from playing and doing.