Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer

I wish that I were a cool mom. You know the type. They have a cool, new activity planned for everyday of the summer. They always have some awesome adventure up their sleeve. I mostly try to keep the kids from killing each other every day. I love my babies but I’ll be honest with you, my girls are already displaying teenage attitudes. They are like a couple of cats constantly fighting. I don’t remember ever being quite that way with my sister, and I’m not quite sure how to handle it. Anyway, I have perused pinterest a couple of times and found some fun things to do with the kids while I get to enjoy them (and they still want to enjoy me). The one thing that we’ve tried so far was super easy and cheap and it was a hit. The girls sat for over an hour in quite. I must admit, I had fun too. This was right up my alley. We took advantage of the time to review our 3D shapes too!

So, you get yourself a bag of mini marshmallows, (we did plain white because they didn’t have the multi-colored ones when I was at the store) and a huge box of tooth picks. Go crazy building shapes and structures. I was thinking while we were doing this, this would be a great way to review molecular structures, etc. with older kids. Or even a chemistry or biology class. That would be so fun. Anyway, we had a friend over the day we did this and all three girls ate it up. In more ways than one.

DSCN3290

DSCN3298  DSCN3291

3 comments:

Martie said...

I bought the stuff to do this too, a few weeks ago, but we haven't quite gotten to it yet. I'm glad to know it was a hit!

Anonymous said...

wow, I am surprised there were any mellows to work with. I would have eaten them all. GG

Anonymous said...

eli
next time you are at my house you are doing the cooking! i love you so much i could just squeeze you.
grandma allred