Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Summer… part 2

I’m sure the 3 of you that read my blog have noticed that I have not posted in a few days. That is not because we have not done anything. Nor is it because I have not taken any pictures. It is because I am lazy. So, while feeling guilty for not documenting our adventures, I decided to create some collages of things we’ve done, at least to get some documentation that we have existed this summer, and then move on. So, here we go.

We took a Saturday and headed to a town near us for their historic day. We wandered around this beautiful and historic town, watched the parade, ate candy and hot dogs, saw a deer (pictured), the kids got to ride the ferris wheel thing (that’s them, in the cage). It was a really awesome day.

2012-06-23

Next up, we headed to my Mom and Dad’s for our annual family reunion and my Grandpa’s 90th birthday party. I did not take many pictures, we were far too busy having fun and relaxing. It was so awesome to be there and see my cousins and especially spend a little bit of time with my Grandparents. They are amazing people. We ate a lot of ice cream (there is the best ice cream parlor. If you are ever headed to Southern Alberta, you have to go to Glenwood for some super cheap and extremely delicious ice cream). Our family took 1st in the town parade on Canada Day and then we gorged ourselves on beef and beans and home made root beer. The kids ran some races, played with cousins, it was a great trip.

2012-06-30

We headed home from there only to do laundry and re-pack and headed to Grandma Allred’s for some good old 4th of July fun! Again, I am not a photographer and so only took pictures of our morning festivities. But rest assured, we had a great time. Super pancake breakfast at the historic fort, tours, trains, fun, BBQs, fireworks, dancing, carousel, more food. Just plain awesome fun.

2012-07-03 

Since then we have been busy with swimming lessons, running through sprinklers, eating popsicles, playing at parks, going for walks, camping, swimming, watching some movies, getting ready for school, playing with friends. We love summer. I am starting to be super ready for the routine of school though. However, I am nervous for this year. Kaylee is so excited and ready to go to school, but I am nervous…

Anyway, I actually took pictures of our family home evening activity this week. (If you don’t know what family home evening is, please click here.) It was super fun, thanks Timothy for thinking of it. The kids loved it, Eli especially. We headed up to the airport to see the old air force airplanes (for free) and then we made paper airplanes. It was great.

2012-08-05

That’s all for today. I’ll probably end up doing another huge post sometime in the next 3 months. so I won’t promise anything special.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how much fun can you pack into a summer? Lets try some more. Kaylee will do great in school, but it is your job to worry, well done mom. gg

Anonymous said...

first of all I am glad to be one of the 3 readers...haha..I know there are many more. what a fun, action packed summer. families are wonderful and yours is the one of the very best. love grandma Linda Allred

Martie said...

Hey, stranger. I love the pictures! It looks like you had a fun-filled summer. Go, you! I am glad to be one of the three readers as well. :O) Thank you again for watching Ryder. He loved you guys!!!