So I was asked to do some baking for a bake sale this week and I made my 'famous' (they're not really famous, I just like to call them that because I really like them) mint chocolate chip cookies. Emma really had a lot of fun helping me clean up and I just had to post this picture.

Service sure is delicious!
Anyway, onto Easter. We went up to Timothy's aunt's house about an hour away for the day on Saturday. They live on a ranch and Emma loved to see all of the cows and the calves. I think the highlight of her day though was her horseback ride! She absolutely loved it! She was a little bit nervous at first but as soon as they started moving, she was grinning ear to ear. She stayed on the horse for like, 45 minutes before she would let us take her off. This picture is kinda bad but she was a little bit too distracted to look at me. She even got to ride bareback!

The community up there puts on an incredible Easter egg hunt in the afternoon for all of the kids. They have a special area sectioned off for kids two and under, the eggs are just sitting on the grass and there were tons of them! So, we had to wait behind a fence for a buzzer to ring before we could start and Emma was just itching to get at all of those 'balls'. I had had her in 'training' for a few days before hand, filling a little plastic egg with M&Ms so she would understand that the 'balls' had candy in them. It took her a minute to really get into it but after she opened one and chocolate fell out, she started grabbing two at a time and even trying to pick up three. She had so much fun and got way more candy than she needs!
Here we are before the hunt with Grandma Allred, waiting patiently to get at those balls! And a couple of Emma actually 'hunting'.

The town there also has a dinosaur museum-thing so we figured we'd see what Emma thought of them. She was fine being next to the concrete beast, even giving it a kiss, but she would not ride the thing! Timothy had to be holding her too. They're kinda scary you know.


And now for today. I don't know why it meant so much to me but I was so excited for Emma to be able to wear this dress as her Easter dress. It was Abbey's flower girl dress from our wedding and its kind of a mini version of my wedding dress. Anyway, after I put it on her, I had her stand in front of the mirror and she just grinned. She knew that she was so cute! And then of course, everyone at church had to tell her too. It was a good day for her, she felt really good about herself. Plus, she did really well in nursery for the first time ever! She had so much fun, except that she kept getting her feet caught in her beautiful frock. Oh well. It was only once. I don't know why she insists on looking drunk in her pictures but she did it again. You'd think with a digital camera I'd be able to get a better shot. I just don't have the patience for stuff like that. And we were running a little late for church. Timothy was a little disappointed that I didn't get any of her standing up and now I kind of am too but she was really happy sitting in the chair and I didn't want to mess that up before making her sit quietly for an hour. But come on! She looks like she's totally posing in the second one!


Alright, that's all for now. Sorry that this post was so long with so many pictures! I hope that you were able to get through it. Or at least look at all the pictures. Anyway, hope all had a good Easter and were able to spend some time with family and remember our Savior.


Alright, that's all for now. Sorry that this post was so long with so many pictures! I hope that you were able to get through it. Or at least look at all the pictures. Anyway, hope all had a good Easter and were able to spend some time with family and remember our Savior.
1 comment:
The best part of your "blog" was I got to spend Easter with the Allred's! Thank you for the memories...and congratulations Auntie!
Post a Comment