Saturday, July 07, 2007

Summertime!!


I've been meaning to post this picture for a long time, since Father's Day, actually. I just wanted to say how wonderful Timothy is. His girls love him so much (all three of us!) and he is such an amazing Daddy and husband. So, this is my tribute to my most handsome man. I love you Timothy! Thanks for all you do for us!
Allright, now that that is said, lets get on to the fun of summer. It has been so hot the last few weeks! Timothy pulled out the sprinkler one day and made Emma run through it until she found it fun! Then, we couldn't get her to stop! She loved it, and loved trying to get a drink.

The last week of July, Grandma Allred and Great-Grandpa Mitchell came for a visit. It was Great-Grandpa's first time meeting Kaylee, and Emma was so proud to introduce them!

Right after their visit, I took the kids up to my parents for our annual Gibb family reunion and first of July celebrations. (The first of July is Canada's 'independence day'). The town that Dad grew up in always has the same festivities, and though some think they're boring, I love them! Here's Emma with Great-Grandma Gibb, watching the parade... she didn't really get it, but liked the candy.

After the parade, the whole town goes down to a beautiful park and has a delicious roast beef lunch with baked beans and whatever sides your personal family provides. We ate way too much, as usual, but it was awesome! My family has the 'Gibb family brew-off' each year. Various family members make a batch of homemade rootbeer and we have an offical judging for the best. This year (as per usual) my sister won. Yeah Jen! After we've eaten until we can eat no more, we head over to the races! They divide the kids (then adults) into ages and they race. Of course, everyone wins in the end. This was Emma's first year and she didn't really get it, she did like that everyone seemed to be cheering for her though and she stopped mid-field to smile at her audience! I don't know if you can see her, but she's mid-right side, purple shirt, with my Dad.

This year was extra nice. Mom and Dad decided they needed a pool and we hve definately been enjoying the cool waters on these outragously hot days! Emma loves to swim, and has been in almost every day since we've been here!

Anyway, that's what we've been up to. Sorry that this was so much at once!

3 comments:

the fellers said...

I love it....and I absolutly love that pic of Grandma and Emma...a keeper for sure!! Are you still in Hillspring?

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful family! Thank you for the update and with pictures too!
keep those blogs coming!

Anonymous said...

ASHLEY!!! love the pic of grama! aww, i just discovered the world of blogs so i'm reading everyone's really old posts. it's kinda fun!
keep it up!