Friday, August 15, 2008

An Ode to Ma and Pa


I realize that I've posted this picture before. I'm sorry that I had to use it again. Obviously, I don't often take pictures with my parents. So, sorry about your hair Dad. Anyway, I just felt that I needed to write a little bit about Mom and Dad.
I have the greatest parents in the world. They have done so much for me and taught me well. They are kind and caring, gentle and loving. They are incredible. Their testimonies of the Savior have strengthened me and their love of His Church has taught me. I hope that someday, I can be as good as they are. I hope that the family I am starting will be like the family they raised. They made our home such a wonderful, happy place to be. They showed me what a marriage should be like. I cannot recall a time when either has ever raised their voice to the other (in anger, anyway). They have taught me testimony, service, love and communication by example. And now I have another reason to want to be like them. A lot of you know that they are going on a mission. Well, they are currently flying to Salt Lake City to report to the MTC on Monday. I am so excited for them and so proud of them. They will be missed but I know that we will be blessed for their service. Thanks for all you do Mom and Dad. We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a loving tribute. Your parents are the best!
Linda Allred

the fellers said...

I really did just got teary eyed. How sweet, but then I looked at that picture and had to laugh out loud at your dads hair! haha