
We went to visit Grandma Allred for Labor Day and had a ton of fun. We were able to get tickets (thanks Mom Allred) to a football game for Timothy's all-time favorite college football team, the University of Montana Grizzlies. Since marrying into a 'griz' family, I have learned to really enjoy their games too. College football games in this stadium are crazy. Being from Canada, I'm not really used to how big sports are here, even on a high school level. I remember at BYU-Idaho seeing cheerleaders in real life for the first time. I really thought the guy had dropped the girl until I realized that's just how they get down. Anyway, these games are a lot of fun. It's a smaller division school but their stadium has been ranked nationally as one of the loudest, and their mascot is always getting awards for being one of the best. All in all, a great time. It helps that the team is really good too. So, here are some pictures, mostly for those of you, who, like me, can't wrap your head around how huge they do things here.
So, they start every game with three parachuters, who land right in the stadium and all carry 'griz' flags, and the like. (I think every game... I've been to three and they started all three that way.)
Here's their mascot. Emma loves him. He is actually really cool. He does lots of flips and things and he is loved by the whole city.
This is prep for the team to come running out. Always a big deal. I'm sure that other schools are like this too, maybe even high schools. But I've been to professional games in Canada that don't even come close to the hype that they have here. It's crazy. (p.s. the stadium was totally packed, you wouldn't be able to tell from this picture.)
And some of the team, rallying the crowd.
We also had to go to the carousel, the girl's favorite place when we visit Grandma. Emma's favorite horse is named Paint, and he is a favorite of a lot of kids. She never gets to ride him because her mean mom always makes her wait her turn in line. But this last trip, she got to ride Paint twice. She was so excited!
Kaylee was just excited to be able to ride by herself for the first time. (This carousel gets moving pretty fast, she's always been with me or Timothy.)
And my three cowboys(girls). This picture didn't really turn out so great. You can't really see Kaylee but she is there beside Timothy.
Anyway, fun weekend.







1 comment:
what can I say..except...GO GRIZ!
mom
P.S. Paint wonders when the girls will be back for a ride. [ soon I hope hint, hint]
Post a Comment