Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Fridge



The new house has a fridge (I think you would agree that most homes do, nowadays...). Anyway, I was excited about this fridge because it has water and ice in the door. I love cold water. Our old kitchen didn't have room for a fridge with that feature. So this was exciting.



However, our new house also has a two year old boy. (So did our last one, actually.) And the fridge has become my nemesis. You see, it doesn't have the handy little locking feature. The second or third day we lived here, we had to dump all the precious ice that had been made and shut off the water supply to the fridge. Eli would get a cup, clean or dirty, from the dishwasher (because he can't reach one out of the cupboard) and fill it with ice, then fill it with water. He would take a sip and proceed to dump the remainder in the little grate under the spouts. As many of you know, this grate is NOT a drain. I was hoping that we could just teach him but I'll be honest, this is a pretty good sized house and I can't be in the kitchen, or watching him every second of every day. Sometimes, I have to go upstairs. Or down. Or to the bathroom. And he would be a the fridge. Sad. Someday, we will turn this feature back on.

My next issue with the fridge, and I guess he did this before, but he likes to open the doors and help himself to whatever he would like. I have no real problem with that. What he can reach is usually fruit, veggies or yogurt. He can have any of those whenever he'd like. But now, our milk sits on the bottom shelf (he can reach to the third if he stands on the fridge) and he's figured out how to take the lid off. *hooray*(please note the lack of enthusiasm in my voice).


So yesterday, I went to the store. This is what I bought. How do you like me now little man! In your face! HA! (I don't really say those things to him. But sometimes I think them. Please don't judge.)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

oh how i wish our fridge had two doors so i could do the same mean trick to jake! jake can reach the top shelf. his favorite is to get the eggs....

Jennie n Jeff said...

you used to make fun of me.... now I will laugh at you.... haha

shannon said...

i hate water things on fridges, for that exact reason!! my next fridge will have ice only, but in the freezer- no water!!!

shannon said...

i hate water things on fridges, for that exact reason!! my next fridge will have ice only, but in the freezer- no water!!!

Martie said...

Hahahahaha! LOVE!