Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lately

DSCN3006  DSCN3008

Lately, Eli has figured out that he can climb up onto the ledge that runs around the tv room. It’s fun to sit up there, or just lay down for a few minutes of quiet rest, uninterrupted from all the bothersome things that could get you, say, on the couch, or standing on the floor, like a regular person.

DSCN3024

When I was a little girl, I remember my Mom going out with friends, or my Dad, to the Cheesecake Cafe for dates or girl’s nights. She would usually bring home a slice of oreo cheesecake for us to share. For the past five years, I have been trying to recreate said cake, as I do not have a Cheesecake Cafe close by. Lately, I think I accomplished my goal, complete with the delicious frosting dollop on top that we never could quite figure out what was in it. Ta-da! (p.s. I love, love cheesecake. The Cheesecake Cafe did my wedding cake. It was amazing.)

Easter was fun, even without candy! We have been disgusted with the amount of candy the kids have been getting/eating lately and so for this candy-filled holiday, we decided to go candy-less. We knew that they would get candy from teachers at Church and from school and other activities, so we filled a few eggs with a couple of jelly beans that were left over from preschool and then filled the rest with movie money and coupons for things like, getting out of a chore, picking dinner, a special date with a parent. The girls were happy, especially with the movie money, as we don’t often take them to the theater.

DSCN3040

Lately Timothy has been dressing Eli for Church, and putting one of his own ties on him. Eli loves it because he gets to be like Daddy. Plus, he looks so handsome with a huge knot at his neck!

DSCN3047 DSCN3057 

DSCN3052

Easter fell on a beautiful sunny, spring day, it was perfect. The girls sat outside in the sunshine while I finished dinner. After dinner, we sat around a nice fire, we just got a fire pit and are very excited to use it often, we love a good fire! While we were enjoying the fire, the kids were playing on the swing set. Eli had been trying to flip over the swing. He managed to do it to, he just needs to work on the landing, he missed it and did a face plant in the dirt. Please note that he must have had snot lines going down his face, the dirt clung nicely to them!

No comments: