Things have been a little rough lately, Kaylee and Eli both have been testing their limits, and pushing me to mine. By the end of the day, I am emotionally shot. But the other night, after the girls were asleep, Timothy snuck in and took these pictures. When I think about my sleeping babies my heart is so full and happy I am brought to tears. I can get through the rough days if I just keep telling myself, they will go to sleep, they will be angles! Tonight as I was tucking Kaylee in, she asked me to sing her a song and rub her face, which is a nightly occurrence. She’d been a stinker just getting into bed, deciding which stuffed animal she wanted to sleep with, trying to sneak in noisy toys, etc. Anyway, as I was rubbing her face and singing I Am A Child of God to her, she was so sweet and was holding her unicorn. She insisted that I switch between rubbing her face while singing and rubbing the unicorn’s face. I would run hers for a minute, then she would hold the unicorn up close to her face and whisper, “It’s her turn”. The unicorn would get a brief turn and then down she would go and Kaylee would whisper, “It’s my turn”. It was so sweet and melted my heart. We have been blessed with some really sweet babies. Most of the time. ;)
3 comments:
Love Eli's tie, new perch, and dirt face. Yes, you do have sweet babes. momma
thank you for doing the blogs. what a wonderful way for me to keep up with the family..with stories and pictures. great job.
love mom allred
Ahh, sleeping babies! Rejuvenation time. When my little ones make bedtime long and drawn out, I feel like I start to lose my mind. I have had to lay down the law pretty heavily around here. Momma has gotta have a bit of sanity!! I'm glad you had your sweet moment with Kaylee. I know I say it too much, but enjoy it before it disappears. I miss my bigger children being little.
Post a Comment