Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Kick in the Pants

For several months my excuse for not blogging has simply been that I haven’t taken any pictures worthy of the blog. Our camera has been causing problems in my life for a while and I’m not a photographer and didn’t know how to fix it. All the pictures would be grainy, out of focus or off color. I’ve been wanting a nice, new camera but we haven’t even thought about shopping for one because I can’t bear to spend that much money on something when we already have a ‘perfectly good’ one.

Yesterday, Timothy called from work to tell me he had a surprise for me. When he got home, he presented me with a box all wrapped up in newspaper. I threw off the paper and discovered a box claiming to hold a new Canon camera. It took me a few minutes before I believed that is what was really in the box. Long story short, the camera was being raffled off at work and a friend of Timothy’s won it. He said they already had a camera and so he just gave it to Timothy! Seriously! I know that may seem like a silly thing but I feel so blessed that this friend would give us a brand new camera. The Lord works in mysterious ways! So, anyway, to celebrate the new camera, I am blogging again. Who knows how regularly I will do so, but you’d better believe I will be taking more pictures! The pictures are just so crisp and beautiful with this baby. I’m pretty excited about it.

This is the Thank You card we are sending to this friend. (P.S. I love Eli’s smile. He is so adorable. Also, that’s exactly how I smiled as a kid. Love it!)

IMG_0044

This afternoon the kids were playing school (because that’s what you do when you get home from a long day at school…) and I snuck down with my new toy to take some pictures. Kaylee, for a change, got to be the teacher and she took her job very seriously. Eli was also the teacher, he told me that several times.

IMG_0050 IMG_0058

 

IMG_0070 IMG_0068  IMG_0067

I love these kids!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah! So awesome you got a new camera! Gotta love nice people. And I'm excitede that you will be blogging more! Your kids are too cute. I love Elis smile! haha.

Anonymous said...

great pictures.. I love these kids also :)
mom allred