Monday, April 15, 2013

Family Home Evening

We were invited over to a family from our wards home tonight for dinner and family home evening. This family has five children but only two home now, with one son about to leave on his mission. They were so good to our young kids, pulling out the toys and not minding one bit when Eli sat for only a minute and a half at dinner. One of the first things we saw when we walked in was a beautiful bass. I teased Emma and asked if it was the biggest violin she's ever seen. I'm pretty sure they thought I didn't know what it was. Oh well. Anyway, while we were eating dessert, Eli thought it would be a good time for him to try his hand at the bass. Not such a good idea! But the big boys were willing to perform for us. The kids got to put their hands on the bass and feel the vibrations. They were enthralled. Which I loved because I really do love stringed instruments. They are so beautiful. I didn't want to look too silly so only snapped one picture and took one video. But once the boys got serious, there was some beautiful music played. Maybe one of my kids will have a desire to play?

No comments: