Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Some Afters

So, again, I've left this for so long that it is completely overwhelming to even think of all the pictures I took with the intent of posting. But, I've decided I need to start somewhere. And since my whiny sister keeps whining to see the after pictures, I decided to start there. That, at least, is doable. Now, these are not yet completely finished, but they're good enough for now.
So, here is the exterior of the house.
A little sad looking. I don't know if you can see the top stair where Kaylee is sitting but it is crumbling really bad.
And here are the afters...
I guess I haven't taken one straight on yet. Sorry. But still, huge difference! And we love it. Like I said, it's not finished yet, I need to do another coat of paint on the front door and then some black shutters. And maybe someday paint the foundation. When we get bored.
Now, here are the befores of our floor. This vinyl was so nasty. The stuff in this first picture is vinyl tiles. I don't know about any of you, but I cannot stand them. We had tiles in our last house and our last apartment in Rexburg. They get to where they start to move and then dirt gets in the cracks and they peel up when you mop. It's disgusting. If you have them, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be rude.
Here you can see we had three different types of flooring in one space. It was lovely. And the carpet was really dirty.
And the afters...
I realize that in the lighting here you can't tell what color this is. If you look under the table in the first picture, that looks right on my screen. It's a cherry. Anyway, I absolutely love it. It is so pretty and nice to walk on and I can clean it.
So that's that for now.

7 comments:

Jennie n Jeff said...

I have a whinny sister too... they are the worst.... everything looks sooo good! Good job on the floors T!

Anonymous said...

Awesome and the pictures do not do justice to the remodel. It is even better in life! great job!
mom

Melissa said...

LOVE the new pictures! We need you to come work on our house! Miss you tons!!!!

J & P Gibb said...

And it is even more impressive in person. Good work guys.

Rebekii said...

Wow Ashley! If I drove past your house today, I might just miss it! Although, I bet Eva would still recognize it... :) She has a very special place in her heart for your place... You guys have done a fantastic job with it! I love the wood floors!

btw... what an adorable baby boy you have!

melissa said...

absolutely beautiful ash!! you have home decor gift!

Anonymous said...

wow! i cant believe the difference! good job!
shannon