Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Almighty Update

Well, the time has come for another huge update. I will try to be brief. The rest of February was great. Emma's school had their 50th Anniversary this month and did a big carnival celebration party. It was insane busy but the kids had fun. The girls got their faces painted, Kaylee did not want her picture taken but Emma, of course, did. She's a ladybug.




















The girls wanted to have some of their new friends over for a dance party one morning so we opened our doors to 11 girls and blasted some music. I tried to take some pictures but ended up with only two. However, have to document our party.




Aaanndddd..... my wonderful, handsome husband had a birthday! Many of you know that Timothy was born on February 29th. So this year, I was excited that he actually got to have a birthday. However, he was out of town. Boo. I decided to go crazy on decorations so that when he got home (late) on his day of birth, he would be surprised. He surprised me by coming home two hours earlier than I had planned. Good thing we had some friends stop by for an impromptu party! Here's my sweet eight-year old sitting at the kid's table.




As it was Timothy's eighth birthday we thought it would be fun to get a group of friends together to go to the temple for baptisms. So, we headed to Mom and Dad's for a little sleep-over party. It was lots of fun and a great weekend. We then continued on to Calgary to meet my new, sweet little nephew Deacon and play with cousins. I am disgusted with myself that I did not take a single picture of Baby D, but I sure did look at him a lot!


Road trip!!






We took the kids to one of my favorite places in Calgary, the zoo! Dad has taken up a little retirement hobby job which proved to have some sweet perks that weekend! We got to take the kids to the zoo in a party bus! It was nice like a limo, with two large tvs, a light show and sweet sound system. The kids felt sooo special! We braved the weather and headed out to see the animals. They just opened their penguin exhibit and it was uber cool. The penguins are so close that you can touch them (although they ask you not to), and Eli even got splashed with water when one tried to jump out of the water. So amazing, I'm still in awe. I love the zoo. Go, if you haven't seen the penguins yet.








Of course, everyone had to have their picture taken as a penguin. And because Jen and the baby didn't brave the cold, I will post a lot of pictures now of the kids and the animals and the kids by the animals.




And now I'm tired of uploading pictures. Does anyone know an easier way? I can only do 5 pics at a time and then have to drag them one by one to where I want them. And every time a new set uploads, I have to redo the whole post, moving pics and correcting spacing. Anyone? thoughts?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

dang i shoudlnt have been such a sissy and gone to the zoo with you guys! it looks like fun! and one blogging tip - DOWNLOAD WINDOWS LIVE WRITER! i honestly dont know how people blog without it. i promise you will enjoy blogging eight million times more.

Unknown said...

LOoks like such fun. I suggest windows live writer. I had to update something's to download it but it was sooooo worth it.

Anonymous said...

WOW February was a super full month. good thing only it is a short one. lots of fun.
mom allred